Nominations invited for the 43rd Jamnalal Bajaj Awards 2020
If you know an inspirational changemaker working for peoples’ upliftment and community development at the grassroots level in your region or in other parts of India, it will be worthwhile to recommend such individuals who, in your opinion, deserve to be considered for Jamnalal Bajaj Awards.
The Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation in a span of over 40 years has been respected as a Gandhian establishment in areas of developing the socio economic arena in our country. It strives to serve the ideals of Shri Jamnalal Bajaj and promotes Gandhian constructive activities in India and abroad.
The Foundation has instituted four awards which are given annually to recognize and honour the outstanding contribution of selfless people towards the upliftment and development of the society, rural community and the nation. There are three National Awards and one International Award as listed below:
- National: Constructive Work in India
- National: Application of Science and Technology for Rural Development
- National: Development and Welfare of Women and Children (exclusively for women candidates – instituted in the memory of Padma Vibhushan Smt. Jankidevi Bajaj, wife of Shri Jamnalal Bajaj)
- International: International Award for Promoting Gandhian Values Outside India (Presented to an individual holding a foreign passport and nationality)
Each award carries a Citation, a Trophy and a Cash Prize of Rs. 10,00,000/- (for the International Award, the Cash Prize is presented in equivalent foreign exchange).
- The recommendations of the nominees/s should be submitted in the prescribed ‘Nomination Format’
- Self nominations are not considered
- The nomination/s can be sent either in English or Hindi
- Nominations recommended by relatives and/or by the office bearers/members of the organisation of the nominee will not be considered
- Material you submit along with the nomination/s application, may not be returned
Kindly note the last date for receiving nominations is 20th January 2020 for the three National Awards and 28th February, 2020 for the International Award.
For more details of the Awards and their objectives, criteria, guidelines, selection process along with the nomination format and online submission, view the Jamnalal Bajaj Awards website.